Be a Part of Our At-Home Project Competition Program!
We are starting a new program, that will allow your little scientist to use their creative skills and express their own form of science. This can include them conducting a science experiment, examining an organism (plant, insect, mammal, etc.), or defining what science means to them. In addition, include 1-2 paragraphs explaining what your submission means to you and how this relates to science.
What are accepted project forms?
- Visual arts: drawing, painting, sculpture, computer-generated image, dioramas, ceramics
- Film production: animation, multimedia, private video from YouTube
- Photography: single photo, panoramic, photomontage
Competition Requirements and Info:
- It’s free to enter for students K-8th graders. Limit 1 entry per child per household.
- Be sure to practice safe social distancing guidelines recommended by your local government.
- We will select a winner every month and announce it on the first week of the following month. The winner will receive a free Bionerds shirt and one weekly online course ($90 value). The next runner ups, second and third, will be given a free Bionerds shirt.
- The criteria to determine the winner is that the piece should be creative, you took time to make it, and it is something related to science.
- Deadline For Each Month: April 30, May 31, June 30, July 31.
- Entry must be the original work of the student or students.
- Label the entry file with student name, title of artwork, and art division. File name example: Bob Smith_Wonder of Beetles_Photography
- If using video, do not exceed 3 minutes in length. A private Youtube link where your video is stored is preferred in submission. Otherwise, the video file formats: AVI, MOV, MP4, WMV, or FLV will do.
- Take a photo of your Visual Art project. Photography and Visual Art file formats: JPEG, JPG, GIF, PNG.
- Once submitted, the projects will become the property of Bionerds, Inc.
- Submit online waiver form with the experiment or artwork. Without the signed waiver form, the project will NOT be considered.
- Please restrict from taking an image of a pet, and instead find something new outside that is fascinating.